Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Eagerly awaited sequels

Have just got my hands on the Red Seas under Red Skies - Book 2 of the Gentlemen Bastard Sequence starring the wonderfully named Locke Lamora. (Has to be one of the best names out there)

YAY - the sequel arrived!!!

I read the first book of Scott Lynch's first book of his series, The Lies of Locke Lamora last year and have been so eagerly awaiting the second book for a while.

Lies was one of the most enjoyable books I have read for a while. The characters, especially Locke Lamora and his gang of 'Robin Hood' like conmen are so well drawn. It is a hard to describe the book, as is a mix of genres, sort of fantasy version of Robin Hood but based on medi-evil Venice.

Doesn't make sense? Trust me, read the book and it will.

Since it has been a while, I am actually re-reading Lies of Locke Lamora before I get to the second one. Sort of delayed, delayed gratification.

It is rare for me to re-read a book, but I've gotta say I am really finding it easier to get back into this book. Kinda like visiting old friend again.

I love it when you start a great book and it is the first of a trilogy or series.

Another one I am eagerly awaiting the second book of The Magister Trilogy - C.S. Friedman. The first book Feast of Souls was one of the most innovative and thrilling reads.

No comments: